Katy Perry's Stylist Talks Candy Couture, Chasing Your Dreams

Bookmark and Share




This one's for all you KatyCats who not only obsess over what Ms. Katy Perry sings about but also what she wears while doing it. Katy's style is certainly unique, one that she and her longtime stylist and friend Johnny Wujek have honed and made their own over the last few years.


Our good friends over at MTV Style recently scored an interview with Johnny during which he explained his creative process with Katy, being a part of her whirlwind rise to fame and what advice he would give to aspiring designers.



"I love what we call 'next level,' like how on tour Katy's peppermints spun or things that are electronic and light up and the magic dress," Johnny said of the creations he's most proud of and the risks he's been able to take. "I'm always looking to see how far we can push things and to do things we haven't done. Since I moved to L.A. 13 years ago from Michigan, without any clue what I was going to do, and falling into this and meeting Katy and being part of her explosion and her massive reach... In the beginning I was just like, 'Oh my god, everyone in the world is seeing this dress that I made, or this dress I put on her, I have power, I can get my ideas out there too.'"


Johnny went on to say that if you have dreams of working in fashion you should chase them.


"Go for it. I think a lot of people just doubt, and you don't get anywhere unless you just go for it," he said. "When I moved to Los Angeles I didn't even think twice, and I wasn't sure and I just came out here and just went after what I wanted. From experience I see that it's possible. Whether it be school, or assisting, or really just getting your foot in any way you can, if you got it, you got it, and if you don't, try something else."


Read the full interview with Johnny at MTV Style!


Tags Johnny Wujek, Katy Perry, Katy Perry: Part of Me



Source : mtv.com

{ 0 comments... Views All / Send Comment! }

Post a Comment

Recent Post