Ann Curry: Today is my last day co-hosting ‘Today’ [VIDEO]

Bookmark and Share





Ann Curry's officially out as co-host of NBC's struggling morning infotainment show "Today."


"Today is going to be my last morning as regular co-host of 'Today'," Ann said on the show Thursday around 8:45 a.m., tearing up.


Saying it was "Not as I expected to leave this couch after 15 years," she told viewers "I have loved you and wanted to give you the world, and I still do."



Curry technically will remain part of the "Today" show family, she said. "They're giving me some fancy new title," she explained, adding that they will send her with a team "of my choosing" to "go all over the world at a time when the country and the world needs clarity."


"After all these years I don't even know if I can sleep in any more… But whatever time I wake up, I will be missing you and believing in all of you," she told Matt Lauer, Al Roker and "Today" news reader Natalie Morales on the couch.


"For all of you who saw me as a groundbreaker I'm sorry I couldn't carry the ball over the finish line, but man I did try!"


Ann continued, returning to the viewers. "And, for all of you who did watch, I thank you from the bottom of my heart."


"You have the biggest heart in the business," Matt jumped in. "You put it on display every single day… and have for almost 20 years. They way you care about people comes through in every single story you report."


"It's not 'goodbye' by a long shot," Matt continued. "We will continue to put you on planes and you'll be with us at the Olympics and, most importantly, you've made us better, and we thank you from the bottom of our hearts." He kissed her on her head.


Coming back from a break for commercials and local news,
Source : washingtonpost.com

{ 0 comments... Views All / Send Comment! }

Post a Comment

Recent Post