John Travolta sexual battery lawsuit over

Bookmark and Share









John Travolta had been accused of alleged sexual assault by two men.

John Travolta had been accused of alleged sexual assault by two men.



STORY HIGHLIGHTS



  • John Doe #1 withdrew from the lawsuit Tuesday

  • Lawyer Okorie Okorocha says he's unclear why the other plaintiff quit the case

  • The lawsuit, filed last week, accused John Travolta of groping two massage therapists

  • Travolta's lawyer called the charges by both men "ridiculous"





Los Angeles (Entertainment News) -- The remaining plaintiff in the sexual battery lawsuit against John Travolta fired his lawyer, bringing an end to the case, the lawyer told Entertainment News on Thursday.


The suit filed in federal court last week accused the actor of groping two male massage therapists at hotels in Los Angeles and Atlanta in January.


Travolta's lawyer, Martin Singer, called the allegations by both men "ridiculous."


Attorney Okorie Okorocha, who initially represented the men identified only as John Doe #1 and John Doe #2, said he did not know why his Atlanta client decided to withdraw from the lawsuit. He said he was told in a phone call Thursday morning.


John Doe #1, who said that Travolta sexually harassed him at the Beverly Hills Hotel, hired Los Angeles attorney Gloria Allred on Tuesday, just hours after he withdrew from Okorocha's lawsuit.






Lawyer: Why I dropped Travolta case





Allred new lawyer for Travolta accuser

Allred said in a statement Tuesday that she and her new client would discuss if a new lawsuit would be filed against Travolta.


"We are in the process of conferring with him regarding the next steps, which he may wish to take," Allred said.


That dismissal was "without prejudice, which means that he is still legally entitled to file a lawsuit against John Travolta if he chooses," Allred said Wednesday.


When told of the second plaintiff's decision to dismiss Okorocha and withdraw from the suit, Allred said, "No comment on this at this time."


There was no immediate reaction from Travolta's lawyer.


John Doe #1 withdrew from the lawsuit after it was learned Travolta was in New York, not Los Angeles, on January 16, the day he had alleged the massage incident took place.


Okorocha told Entertainment News the date should have been January 15, but the mistake would have hampered the chances of John Doe #2 in court. He also said "personality conflicts" with John Doe #1 contributed to the decision.


The lawyer insisted in a Entertainment News interview Tuesday that he would "mop up" in the courtroom with the allegations made by John Doe #2.


.

Related Video :



{ 0 comments... Views All / Send Comment! }

Post a Comment

Recent Post